Friday, October 16, 2009

Blog for possible Andy Award videos - Watch Em'

Okay, so I want to steer you in the direction of a blog called Andy Potential. It's basically a daily updated reel of video advertisements freshly put out by all kinds of brands such as Adidas, Audi, and the Vancouver Int. Film Festival to name a few.

Rob Schwartz is the creator and also a nominee for the Andy Awards 2010. His blog uses very little text, just a few snappy taglines about each video, and pools together some of the best advertisements I've seen. In a superficial way they touch on some things we've talked about in my online journalism class.

This is the first video I saw and also how I discovered the blog. I embedded it off Youtube, but I there's links to videos on his blog which range from the Denny's Nannerpus to an ad for the new Augmented Reality Smart Grid (Check it out!).




What does this have to do with my online journalism class? Three things:

1) Video is always a good element to a journalism story
2) Separate PR from your journalistic endeavors
3) Keep text concise and to the point

No comments:

Post a Comment

Chicago (Hometown SF)
J-School student.